How to take videos and photos with Bebop DroneHere we explain how to take video and photographs with Bebop Drone.
Watch on YouTube large screen
Shoot photos and videosBebop Drone can shoot videos and photos using a fish-eye lens camera mounted on the front. Bebop Drone can change the camera angle up, down, left, or right regardless of it's attitude. Then videos and photos will be stored 8GB memory mounted on Bebop Drone. But unlike the AR.Drone, vertical camera can not shoot videos and photos. This is used only in the attitude control.
Drag gauge of bottom of screen to adjust Exposure compensation between EV+1.5 - EV-1.5.
Tap in the top left of the screen to return flight.
- Video mode
- Recording automatically starts when you tap button, and will blink. Every time you tap , recording is terminated or initiated. There is no way to pause the recording. Noted that the lapse 25 minutes from the start, recording will stop automatically. And every time you tap , you can shoot Full HD resolution photo.
- Photo mode
- Every time you tap , you can shoot 4K high resolution photo. You can also take a video by tapping .
- Timelapse mode
- It will automatically take pictures at regular intervals. In Timelapse mode, you can not soot videos.
- DNG(Digital Negative)
- Non-machined fisheye image, High resolution image so-called RAW format. Photo size will be approximately 30MB.
- JPEG compressed image. Photo size will be approximately 3MB. Photos taken with Photo mode includes latitude, longitude, altitude information measured by GPS in Exif information.
- It is a fisheye image converted directly from DNG format to JPEG. Includes latitude, longitude, altitude information measured by GPS in Exif information.
Length and numbers can be saved
Video length and photo numbers can be taken in the built-in memory depends on the format and the imaging method. In case of video, it will consume a capacity of about 3.7MB per second, then about 2.5GB was occupied in 11 minutes flight. Since about 0.8GB of built-in 8GB memory have been used for system area, remaining 7.2GB can store about 2.8 times of 11 min. flight video. So after you change the battery twice, try to delete or retrieve the video.
Change camera angle
Camera direction of Bebop Drone was fixed, but you can change the shooting range with following operations.
- Ace mode
- Change camera angle by dragging the right controller up, down, left, or right.
- Normal / Joypad mode
- Change camera angle by dragging up, down, left, or right the screen with two fingers.
Can shoot night view ?
Unfortunately because of low camera sensitivity, you can not take a decent picture without exceptionally bright place.
About attitude in shooting
Videos and photos taken by Bebop Drone will performed tilt correction always by sensing it's attitude. Images will continue to maintain the correct vertical and horizontal angle, even it's body was turned upside down when caught in the tree or crashed on the ground, or during acrobatic somersault flight. Therefore, even in somersault flight, you would not notice it in captured video.
Format of videos and photos
|Video||H.264 (MPEG4-AVC) 1080p, 30FPS, Level4.0 baseline profiles|
|Container||.mp4 file format|
|Video mode||Full HD resolution 1920 x 1088 pixel JPEG format ( with strain correction, no GPS info.)|
|Photo mode : DNG||4K resolution 3208 x 4608 pixel DNG format ( no strain correction, no GPS info.)|
|Photo mode : JPEG||4K resolution 4096 x 3072 pixel JPEG format ( no strain correction, with GPS info.)|
Retrieve photos and videosTo retrieve photos and videos from Bebop Drone, there are two ways. One is download to iPod / iPad / iPhone (FreeFlight Pro apps) via Wi-Fi. The other is download to PC / Mac by connecting with USB cable.
Download to iPod/iPad/iPhone
Album "Bebop Drone" has been created in (photos) App. And videos and photos transfered are stored there. This can be view from "My Gallery" menu of FreeFlight Pro app too.
You can take out these videos and photos to PC like other videos and photos taken by iPod / iPad / iPhone.
Download to Windows PC
However, you can not copy files from PC to Bebop Drone.
Download to Mac
Watch on YouTube large screen
Overlay GPS flight infoIf you sign-in to Parrot's online service PARROT CLOUD, "PUD file" which includes GPS flight information will be upload to PARROT CLOUD after end of flight. Using two free soft "Garmin Virb Edit" and "FlightData Manager", you can make flight video overlay with GPS flight info See below for details.
Parrot BeBop Drone
Parrot USD499.99 / Extended Range Pack USD899.99
14 megapixel Full HD 1080p "fisheye" Camera and outstanding 3-axes image stabilization Records videos and pictures in a 180° field with remarkable image quality Built-in GPS for automatic return home and high altitude flight control Piloted with Freeflight 3, an ultra-intuitive free application available on iOS, Android and Windows 8.1
(For iPad/iPad mini/iPhone/iPod touch updated to iOS 7 or later)